Lawrence Okolie Knocks Out Krzysztof Glowacki To Win Vacant Wbo Cruiserweight Title
“We don’t want to muck round. We need to unify the division then move up to heavyweight.” “I actually have to thank Shane for the gameplan. I was sure I would get to him, but Shane jogged my memory to not rush. I stated I’d get it accomplished between rounds 5 and eight. “I really feel blessed. I was actually calm all through the week. It’s wonderful to be able to put an exclamation mark on my life with a world title. Anything you need in life, if you believe, you are able to do it.
Odds data up to date every half-hour and are topic to alter. We are happy to respond to casual removing requests if there have been any crossed wires. Krzysztof Glowacki’s last struggle occurred in opposition to Lawrence Okolie’s on 20th Mar 2021, in London, United Kingdom. Promoter Eddie Hearn gushed after the fight, and albeit should — Okolie is, as he mentioned, considered one of Matchroom’s top success stories.
How Long Has Glowacki Been Combating?
On 4 June the WBC made Oleksandr Usyk ‘champion in recess’, which frees up the vacant WBC cruiserweight title to be on the road for the Briedis vs. Glowacki struggle. On 5 June, after Usyk moved up to heavyweight, the WBO made Krzysztof Glowacki their new cruiserweight champion. Krzysztof Glowacki’s report at present stands at 31 wins, 3 loses and zero draws.
- Next the referee didn’t hear the bell and Glowacki was punched by Briedis which was scored as a knockdown for Briedis.
- He’s boxed a complete of 199 rounds, meaning his professional fights final 5.9 rounds on common.
- During the bout after the bell, which was not heard by a referee, some of the Briedis’ crew entered the ring.
- Such a lazy phrase; intended to inspire however as a substitute dismissive & disrespectful in the direction of a lot of hardworking individuals.
- London’s Okolie, who moves to together with his maiden world title win, had been written off by many as a difficult fighter to look at but put on a mesmerising, inch-excellent present towards his toughest opponent thus far.
After close to nine minutes of tenative and largely even boxing, Fowler makes the breakthrough with a knockdown on a stiff left late in the third. Fortea solutions the count, just for the Brit to drop him once more with the very next punch, a strong proper! The round ends with Jorge on the canvas, however the depend continues and the Spaniard is unable to reply the rely this time. 10 rounds carried out for Joe Cordina and it went as many predicted it will. It should be a fairly comfortable scorecards victory for the Welshman, though his rust was definitely there and Kourbanov had his moments. It’s 96-96, and ninety six-ninety five, giving Joe Cordina the win through majority choice.